[SOLVED] What Cooler do I need?

Dec 25, 2018
So currently I have an i5-7600 with a crappy stock cooler, however I recently bought an i7-7700k which I was told the cooler isnt compatible with my new CPU,

I was just wondering what cooler should I buy?

I dont know if this means anything but my motherboard is an HP 8308 (U3E1) i believe is what it is called.

would appreciate some recommendations :)

Thanks,
ErroR

Solution
I'd like to recommend the H7, but I won't. With its current pricing up around $100ish, it's not worth the money. Even the dual fan quad Lumi H7 at almost $70 is rediculously over priced.

But I'll second the initial observation, you'll need to figure out exactly how much space for a cooler you actually have. The i7-7700k will require a decent cooler for sure, but if you don't have 160mm of clearance, your choices at a decent price will be a little limited.

A good option, especially if you have low profile ram would be the Scythe Fuma Rev.b
you should measure and make sure that whatever cooler you choose with fit in the case, especially if you are using a HP case.
With that said I would recommend the Cryorig H7, very similar to the 212 evo but a little shorter. the Noctua NH-D9L is even smaller if needed.

If your in a case that supports it the Corsair H100i is a good liquid cooler.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd like to recommend the H7, but I won't. With its current pricing up around $100ish, it's not worth the money. Even the dual fan quad Lumi H7 at almost $70 is rediculously over priced.

But I'll second the initial observation, you'll need to figure out exactly how much space for a cooler you actually have. The i7-7700k will require a decent cooler for sure, but if you don't have 160mm of clearance, your choices at a decent price will be a little limited.

A good option, especially if you have low profile ram would be the Scythe Fuma Rev.b

Solution