hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
I am buying an i7-9700k mostly for gaming. I want to overclock it. My choices are limited to a few brands due to my region. So i couldn't find any good air coolers. Cryorig H5 ultimate is the best air cooler i could find. So I am considering aio cooler now. I am confused which radiator size I should get. I looked up a few aio that fit my budget and are available at retail store.

Cooler master ML240R RGB

Thermaltake water 3.0 240/360 ARGB

Thermaltake water 3.0 Riing RGB 280

Thermaltake Floe Riing 240 TT Premium

Corsair Hydro H115i pro

NZXT Kraken X52

Which one would be best? Also can i get away with a Cryorig H5 Ultimate? I would like to save some money if possible.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Also consider the Corsair H150i Pro the 360mm AIO which I am using and it is very good, especially the mag lev fans which run very quiet yet cool very well. I do not think you can go wrong with Thermaltake, NZXT and even the Cooler Master 360mm AIO is very good. I would go a minimum of 280mm especially as you are overclocking the 9700K.
The 9700k pulls in about 221W on full load, meaning you'll need a cooler that can dissipate the 221w heat it puts out. Unfortunately the Cryorig H5 only dissipates 160W max. However games don't use 100% of your CPU so I doubt you'll be reaching full wattage all that much. Still, if you ever did plan on stressing it, you will suffer throttling from heat being produced too much for that air cooler to handle.

Any of those AIO's will work, you just have to make sure the radiator will fit in your case, some look like they're 140mm, other's 120mm. You'll need to find out what your case supports.

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
The 9700k pulls in about 221W on full load, meaning you'll need a cooler that can dissipate the 221w heat it puts out. Unfortunately the Cryorig H5 only dissipates 160W max. However games don't use 100% of your CPU so I doubt you'll be reaching full wattage all that much. Still, if you ever did plan on stressing it, you will suffer throttling from heat being produced too much for that air cooler to handle.

Any of those AIO's will work, you just have to make sure the radiator will fit in your case, some look like they're 140mm, other's 120mm. You'll need to find out what your case supports.
All of those aio would fit in my case, no problem. but which brand should i go for? and which radiator size would be best?

Also consider the Corsair H150i Pro the 360mm AIO which I am using and it is very good, especially the mag lev fans which run very quiet yet cool very well. I do not think you can go wrong with Thermaltake, NZXT and even the Cooler Master 360mm AIO is very good. I would go a minimum of 280mm especially as you are overclocking the 9700K.

Solution