[SOLVED] What cooler will fit to my motherboard ?

May 22, 2021
Hello , I have question I would like to upgrade cooling on my PC but I have hard time finding cooler for it , you may ask why its not that hard right ? Well , oh boy ,I bought a prebuild pc with motherboard that apperently does fit am4 cpu because it has 3 3700x but cant fit standard cooler any ideas ?

View: https://imgur.com/a/qTxcNN7

apperently the model is Lenovo 3716

Solution
Doesn't take much change, the traces and socket are all amd design and routing, but there's space around the socket that's like Holy Ground, no components allowed. To change mounting position just means sliding the traces a little to one side and moving the mount holes. No real biggie.

Ops issue now is going to be figuring out the hight of any cooler possible, so that it fits under the panel.

All generations of Intel lga mainstream from 1156 to 1200 use the same mounting dimensions, so any Intel cooler with a small footprint will work, height allowing.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So is there anything I can do or should I buy new motherboard ?
That's another thing they get you with... are they using any proprietary connectors on the board?
I don't see any in the first pic, and it looks to fit Micro-ATX board dimensions...
I see 4pin fan headers, there's the standard 24pin for ATX psus, there's USB3 right next to it...
What's that 3pin at the top of picture 1 though? I'm not familiar with that one.

Where's the front panel I/O pins/connections? I don't see them.
They let you power the PC on via the power/reset switch, front USB port power, that sort of thing.

Reactions: lawlmanx

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you look at the Legion on the heatsink, directly to the left (below the standoff hole. For the front connector. (not seperate pins).

From everything I can find, that motherboard is one of several made with Intel lga1155 spacing, most likely purposefully ordered like that not for proprietary reasons, but to enable Lenovo to get rid of a warehouse full of Intel heatsinks that won't now work on newer Intel models because of their higher TDP ratings. While a 65w Ryzen is a perfect candidate.

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
My motherboard has a AM4 socket, but uses LGA-1151 cpu cooler mounting (Intel type). I think yours must be similar. Alot of cpu coolers are designed to fit either Intel, or AMD cpus. They have different brackets so you can set them up for either sort of cooler mounting.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth ... which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Doesn't take much change, the traces and socket are all amd design and routing, but there's space around the socket that's like Holy Ground, no components allowed. To change mounting position just means sliding the traces a little to one side and moving the mount holes. No real biggie.

Ops issue now is going to be figuring out the hight of any cooler possible, so that it fits under the panel.

All generations of Intel lga mainstream from 1156 to 1200 use the same mounting dimensions, so any Intel cooler with a small footprint will work, height allowing.

Reactions: lawlmanx
Solution
May 22, 2021
Okay I solved it the things are the screw they are very atypical for motherboard I had to buy M2,5x25 which cost me around 10 euros with bolts so cheaper than new motherboard and, I am thinking about what cooler should I get I tried it with friends cooler and yes it fits perfectly.Just the screw... (fu lenovo) thats about it I am thinking about
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 or
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB

which one should I pick ? for Ryzen 7 3700X
(Or can suggest any other cooler)