[SOLVED] What could be causing these crashes?

ItsLeboi

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
Yesterday I got a new PC, specs are:
Asus X570-E
Corsair RMx 850W RM850x
EVGA FTW3 3080Ti
Ryzen 9 5900X
32GB RAM

500GB M2
1TB M2
2TB SSD
2TB HDD

Now I played my first game on it today, Valorant. During this first game, the game crashed on a still frame, didn't think anything of it. Loaded up and it crashed again, this time with a black screen and a "critical error". The next time it crashed, the screen went black and red, reading about a driver issue (HID compliant headphones - or something along those lines), fixed that issue, since then the red and black screen crash hasn't happened. The game continues to crash though, sometimes critical errors and sometimes "graphic driver crashed", graphic drivers are up to date along with everything else on the PC (though I did notice in the EVGA software an update was available for the VBIOS which I left alone for now.)

I though I'd try another game, Fortnite, which also ended up crashing with no error message.

I've done a couple of different benchmarks bit everything comes back good and well.

I've been trying to solve this for 5+ hours and it's killing me trying to figure it out. I've had GTA running for the time it's taken me to type this post which so far, hasn't crashed.

Willing to try almost anything at this point.

Last edited:

ItsLeboi

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
im using the 3200mhz vengeance and i had to turn my xmp down to 3000mhz not the rated 3200, because i was getting crashes. maybe try turning yours down abit

Funnily enough, I think I may have fixed the issue by reinstalling Windows.. So far since reinstalling, I've had one crash out of several hours game time, I think my Windows was just incredibly corrupt somehow 😂