[SOLVED] What could be the issue with FX2700m?

mmzf

Reputable
Jun 17, 2018
Hello there, i have a Dell Precision M6400, with a core 2 extreme qx9300, its having GPU : Nvidia Quadro FX 2700m, the issue i am getting is while benchmarking or trying to use graphic related thing which will use gpu power, my display shows little green lines for around 1 mili second i think so, and shows black screen, system is running but screen turns off. what could be the issue? the temperatures are/were alright not exceeding 50 degree even...

Solution
what could be the fix?
jpUDCxp6T6SnuLinWaZhlw.png

If the GPU is failing, I don't believe there is a good one. While the GPU actually comes out of this laptop, unlike most, the fit is custom and you'd have to find a GPU that is both compatible with this specific model and the even harder part, is still working after all this time. 13 years is a really good lifespan for a laptop GPU and this one has probably outlived nearly all of its siblings.

DSzymborski

Titan
what could be the fix?
jpUDCxp6T6SnuLinWaZhlw.png

If the GPU is failing, I don't believe there is a good one. While the GPU actually comes out of this laptop, unlike most, the fit is custom and you'd have to find a GPU that is both compatible with this specific model and the even harder part, is still working after all this time. 13 years is a really good lifespan for a laptop GPU and this one has probably outlived nearly all of its siblings.

Solution