[SOLVED] What could be the problem with this GPU (and mobo)?

naftiacore

Commendable
Sep 4, 2018
I've got a PC to fix, but it's pretty weird. It has a Strix 1060, but everytime the PC is turned on its running on max fan speed. The power state LED is white, so I guess it's properly getting power. Also I can't get any image from it via HDMI or DP. When I booted the PC with CPU graphics it didn't show up in device manager and couldn't install drivers cause geforce experince didn't find it. I've put it in an other PC but the same happened, no signal and fan speed at max, no device recognition. What could be the problem? I'm pretty into the topic, tried messing with bios, switching it to another lane but nothing. Also, ive cleared CMOS on the motherboard, and it says I have to reset BIOS and press F1, says 2 keyboard (two!, but only one is) connected and F1 aint wanna work. Tried it with another keyboard ( both are Cooler Master, probably same build, just different housing) so I don't know if I should get another keyboard for it or what.

Solution
Try a different PCIe slot? Sounds like the GPU isn't working, could be a problem with the power cable, or it might be a bad HDMI port on the card itself. Try different ports, try running DDU.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Try a different PCIe slot? Sounds like the GPU isn't working, could be a problem with the power cable, or it might be a bad HDMI port on the card itself. Try different ports, try running DDU.

Solution

Latest posts