[SOLVED] What could be wrong with my computer/Windows 10?

Jan 21, 2019
I just installed a new power supply thinking it'd fix my power on issues, it kinda did but now there still a problem when i launch windows its terribly slow and i have a high-end build. Now I login after a good wait for the login screen in windows, get to the desktop then none of my launch on login programs come up and i can barely even get the search bar to work so i can't do anything. Then after a minute or two of windows acting frozen (can still move mouse) i get a blue screen and my computer restarts and rinse and repeat. I'm really sure its an internal problem are there any red flags that suggest a specific spec not working thanks.

Note: I've used the computer for over 3 years just installed a new psu and before the new psu it acted nearly the same way except no blue screen just slowness some programs launched then frozen needing to be restarted.

Solution
create a usb win 10 media installer. you will need an 8gb minimum flash drive. download the windows 10 installer tool and then flash you new OS to your system. it is what's called a clean install, you will lose all data if you haven't already
D

Deleted member 14196

It sounds like you need a fresh clean install of windows and maybe you didn’t need a new PSU

Jan 21, 2019
It sounds like you need a fresh clean install of windows and maybe you didn’t need a new PSU
I might but windows came pre-installed and when I go to the windows safe environment and try to reset or startup repair or automatic all of it comes out as unable to reset or repair this pc so how could I go about that. thanks for such a quick reply.

THEearthISFLAT

Upstanding
Feb 16, 2019
create a usb win 10 media installer. you will need an 8gb minimum flash drive. download the windows 10 installer tool and then flash you new OS to your system. it is what's called a clean install, you will lose all data if you haven't already

Solution

Ethan Chlan

Reputable
Jul 29, 2016
Try updating your BIOS and try again. I had the same problem 3 months after building my computer. The power supply was the problem for me, but it might be software for you.