Question What could be wrong with my PC's wifi?

RyanSchleicher

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
Hello, after a thunderstorm and a power outage, the wifi on my PC seems to be terrible. It mostly effects gaming; if I am in any online game I will be rubber-banding and can reach pings as high as 900. This issue doesn't seem to effect anyone else in my household. I have reinstalled my wireless network drivers twice. I'm unsure of wether or not something got shorted or fried, or if its just a virus or something of that sort that can be solved with software. I would also like to note that on task manager there isn't any unusual activity of some application using up too much of the network. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Could be you are running on a different wifi channel than before and your pc does not get as much signal as the others. Could also be you are closer to a neighbor on the same channels that is interfering more with your machine than others.

You can try changing the radio channels in the router but be aware this affects all machine in the house so you want to plan a time to not disrupt others too much.