Question What could cause sudden micro-stutters while in games, sometimes accompanied by distorted sounds?

Mar 18, 2022
As the title says, I have just recently started getting these micro-stutters while I am playing games. The screen freezes for less than a second and then it's fine again, but it happens like twice a minute. Sometimes, the stutters are accompanied by like a stuck repeated and distorted sound. I have noticed that it only happens after some time in game, but I have checked the temperatures and not the CPU nor GPU ever reaches 70 when it happens.

Even so, I have reapplied thermal paste on my CPU and set up user defined fan control in MSI Afterburner to make sure it is not the cooling that is causing the issue. I have also reinstalled my GPU drivers, then rolled back to previous version, but so far to no avail.

I would appreciate any help I can get. Cheers.

My specs:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.60GHz
  • CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12
  • GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti AERO ITX 4G OCV
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H - Intel B85
  • PSU: Seasonic Energy Knight SS-500ET T3 - 500W
  • SSD: Crucial BX500, 2,5" 240GB
  • HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB
Update:
I have changed the GPU to see if the same thing happens. It does, so the problem is not in my GPU. While it happens, everything seems stable. No drop in the GPU or CPU clock, RAM usage is normal, way below the limit. The highest temperature I reached was 72 degrees on my CPU.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY