Question What could cause these framedrops?

Apr 20, 2020
I've got a new laptop two weeks ago. It's got an GTX1660Ti, I7-9550H and 16GB of RAM.

3 days into playing CoD-Warzone i experienced framedrops (from 80FPS to 10-20 FPS). These framedrops appeared every 5 seconds. A restart fixxed the problem at first, but the problem returns every now and then.

It's not the video driver (i think). As the problem occured after experiencing no problems at all.
It's not CoD:Warzone because i've downloaded Insurgency (a game that shouldnt cause any problems due to low hardware requirements) and the framedrops were also there.
It's not the temperature of the GPU and/or CPU, they were at a stable 70 degrees (Celsius).

MSI afterburner showed these graphs. It indicates behaviour like the gpu was disconnected for a little while every 5 seconds.
5e9d5fe1be691-drops.png

Can anyone help me? Can't seem to find a solution on my own.

PS: English isn't my main language.

Apr 20, 2020
Your screen shot doesn't confirm that as far I can see. What about you running a stress test using OCCT and then post a screen copy of the temperature readings?
The screenshot is just an indication of what appears to be the GPU losing connection.

I've checked the temperatures every sinlge time i experienced the framedrops. Never was it higher than 72 degrees celsius.

Did the OCCT thing tho. My laptop had a hard time running a test whilst playing Mw2. As you can see, the temp stabilizes at around 60C.
5e9ed2523dde5-20200421-123209-CPUOCCT.png

Apr 20, 2020
Hardware seems fine. You may got some malware that interrupt. Try check for that.

I managed to reproduce the problem. The framedrops start when i disconnect my adapter and then plug it in again...

Think i'm gonna hit up the selling party. Sounds like a malfunctioning system to me.