Question What could have fried my board???

Dustin Jacocks

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Hello everyone. Earlier today, I went ahead and installed a new hard drive. (hard drive in plastic bay slides). Hooked everything up, turned it on. Turned on for a second, then died and a small chip on the board puffed out a small ploom of smoke. So I immediately turned off and unplugged the pc. The board is an MSI X470 gaming plus. So I freaked out. Then (me being stupid), I ahd another x370 board i had laying around. So i threw that in, connected everything PROPERLY, and boom. that got fried too. The thing is though, when I first plugged the hard drive in, turned the pc on, it was all good. But noticed my rgb on my fans and pump werent on. (didnt plug them in and instead plugged the sata power cable that was going to them into the new hard drive. So i added my other cable to the psu (PSU is thermaltake 750w rgb series modular). Plugged in the rgb controller, turned the pc on, then thats when it turned on with a fried chip. So Im honestly stumped on what happened. Im out 2 x series ryzen boards :/ And hopefully NOTHING ELSE. View: https://imgur.com/a/oq4nHYl

Dustin Jacocks

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Yea, cpu is ryzen 2600x, psu is thermaltake 750 rgb series, 2 rgb ssd's, 1 crucial ssd. 32gb trident z ram., 2 tbsp hdd. Msi x470 plus motherboard. Cooler master aio cooler. Nvidia gtx 1080.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts