[SOLVED] What could you recommend me to upgrade my pc?

Aug 6, 2020
Hello everyone!
I have this office PC and I want to upgrade it to play :D
I would like to keep my CPU, motherboard, and RAM . I would like to get a better graphics card to play, a new monitor, a new case and a new PSU.
My budget is around 400 USD
thanks!
D5xDRmP.png

BkGNDO5.png

Cn1wMLv.png

Solution
You've got an SFF case, so you will need a low profile gpu. This limits you to entry level GPUs, they are a little harder to find . Link below for a gpu that will work for you, you can use your current psu as the card does not require external power connectors and runs off the motherboard. I think you should likely have the 300w psu (should confirm) which will be worth free. I suggest that you update your bios to the latest version before the upgrade as well.

Then that will leave you with a monitor, get something decent, non fancy 1080p, verbally Best Buy has good options and deals, most Acer monitors come with 3 year warranty and are not bad. There are different panels, TN which Is very cheap but lacks color and is a bit harder on...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Can you tell us the model Lenovo business machine? Also, is it a mini tower, desktop, slimline?
Those motherboards are sometimes proprietary, meaning they don't have normal front panel connections and sometimes have added components that retail cases aren't compatible.

Aug 6, 2020
Can you tell us the model Lenovo business machine? Also, is it a mini tower, desktop, slimline?
Those motherboards are sometimes proprietary, meaning they don't have normal front panel connections and sometimes have added components that retail cases aren't compatible.
It's a lenovo desktop thinkcentre m93p
iM0ljj0.png

It looks exactly like this one

You've got an SFF case, so you will need a low profile gpu. This limits you to entry level GPUs, they are a little harder to find . Link below for a gpu that will work for you, you can use your current psu as the card does not require external power connectors and runs off the motherboard. I think you should likely have the 300w psu (should confirm) which will be worth free. I suggest that you update your bios to the latest version before the upgrade as well.

Then that will leave you with a monitor, get something decent, non fancy 1080p, verbally Best Buy has good options and deals, most Acer monitors come with 3 year warranty and are not bad. There are different panels, TN which Is very cheap but lacks color and is a bit harder on the eyes, or the IPS (I would buy this) which provides overall better eye candy and can be picked up at little cost increase from TN.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Video Card | MSI GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB GT LP OC Video Card | $163.98 @ Newegg
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $163.98
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-07 16:40 EDT-0400 |

You may also want to look into getting an ssd hard drive as well 60$ well spent!

Last edited:
Reactions: byaku67
Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
+1^
Also, the motherboard uses proprietary connections for the 24-pin connector. It appears to be divided into a 20-pin and 2 x 4-pin headers. A conventional PSU will need an adapter.
The front panel header looks to be conventional... in design, anyway. But may have some wiring irregularities that will have to be traced out to match a retail case.
I would recommend staying with the system you have and getting the best gfx card the stock PSU can handle... or just going with a fresh budget build from the ground up, and selling the Lenovo for as much as it will bring you.

Reactions: byaku67