[SOLVED] What CPU and GPU upgrades would be compatible with my motherboard while at the same time improving game FPS

Sep 6, 2020
Hello,

I'm usually getting 30-60 fps on games like Destiny 2 and Apex Legends while on all low settings and I'd like to at least hit 100-120 fps.

I'm new to upgrading pc parts and after searching I don't really understand what I need to upgrade, what I do know is that if I upgrade my motherboard, I basically have to upgrade everything else if it's not compatible, so I'm trying to avoid that by upgrading to something that can help while still keeping the same motherboard.

Here is what I have:

Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3

GPU- AMD Radeon(TM) RX 560 Series

CPU- AMD FX (tm)- 6300 Six-Core Processor

I have 24gb of RAM

1 TB SSD

1 TB HDD

I'm not sure of my PSU, but I'guessingI'll have to buy a new one for the newer parts.

Any help would be appreciated :)

If I really have to get a new motherboard:( let me know

Avaninja

Commendable
Aug 23, 2018
Hello,

I'm usually getting 30-60 fps on games like Destiny 2 and Apex Legends while on all low settings and I'd like to at least hit 100-120 fps.

I'm new to upgrading pc parts and after searching I don't really understand what I need to upgrade, what I do know is that if I upgrade my motherboard, I basically have to upgrade everything else if it's not compatible, so I'm trying to avoid that by upgrading to something that can help while still keeping the same motherboard.

Here is what I have:

Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3

GPU- AMD Radeon(TM) RX 560 Series

CPU- AMD FX (tm)- 6300 Six-Core Processor

I have 24gb of RAM

1 TB SSD

1 TB HDD

I'm not sure of my PSU, but I'guessingI'll have to buy a new one for the newer parts.

Any help would be appreciated :)

If I really have to get a new motherboard:( let me know

With your current motherboard and graphics card don't even bother. Instead, get a new motherboard and cpu and upgrade from there. Basically a completely new build.

Reactions: iPwNz