what cpu be best for these games

aaron_22

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
These be some of the games I be playing:
Mine Craft (heavy amount of Mods 220+) , Empyrion - Galactic Survival, Conan Exiles (light amount of mods), ARK Survival Evolved (medium amount of mods), Fallout 4 (heavy amount of mods), also fallout 76 (when released), Dark and Light.
Mmo's like Eve online, swg (heavy amount of mods), ESO (light amount of mods), Star citizen (if it ever releases)

what one of these processors will work best for the cheapest (aka what I need but not over the top):
ryzen 5 1600 6 core $190, ryzen 5 1500X 4 core (only comes in X on new egg) $155 or ryzen 5 1400 4 core $150.

At most I be playing 1080p

Will be getting also is GTX 1070 with 16gigs of ddr4 3200 ram

Edit: I will have net open in background and sometimes music playing too.

Solution
Out of those cpus the 1600 will be the best choice, a 1070 is a higher end card so it will need a beefier cpu to prevent bottlenecking. I also believe that out of those cpus that you listed the 1600 is the only one with 6c/ ores and 12 threads which will help in many tasks and help future proof your system. With that being said if you’re looking for a cpu that is going to be the best for gaming your going to have to go intel. Because of the higher single core performance intel cpus can’t be beaten in games and an i5 will often perform better than r7s in games. For you I’d recommend an i5 8400 . It’s a great value for money cpu and will perform better in games than any of the cpus you listed

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
Out of those cpus the 1600 will be the best choice, a 1070 is a higher end card so it will need a beefier cpu to prevent bottlenecking. I also believe that out of those cpus that you listed the 1600 is the only one with 6c/ ores and 12 threads which will help in many tasks and help future proof your system. With that being said if you’re looking for a cpu that is going to be the best for gaming your going to have to go intel. Because of the higher single core performance intel cpus can’t be beaten in games and an i5 will often perform better than r7s in games. For you I’d recommend an i5 8400 . It’s a great value for money cpu and will perform better in games than any of the cpus you listed

Solution
For Ryzen, I would get the 2nd generation of it, therefore Ryzen 5 2600.

Since you'll only be playing in 1080p, you should know that an Intel i5-8400 will receive higher FPS. If you're currently gaming on a 144 Hz (or higher) display, then that's a factor. If only 60 Hz, then you might as well go for the high performing multi-threaded performance of the Ryzen 5 2600, since any frames above 60 FPS, won't be visible to you.