[SOLVED] What CPU cooler is best recommended for a Xigmatek Octans 236B?

SanoNoob

Commendable
Jun 13, 2020
My case is a Xigmatek Octans 236B, my motherboard is a Prime H310M-D and my CPU is an i5-8400. I am currently running a stock cooler and I want to switch to a good air cooler. My budget is RM200 (equates to about 48-50USD as of today). If you guys could fill me in cooler recommendations (as I'm not very knowledgeable with coolers) that would be awesome.

Solution
i5-8400
The stock air cooler can and will get the job done. If you're looking for aesthetics and lower temps, than a cheap aftermarket cooler, like the one's made by Coolermaster(Hyper 400 series) will also do you good. Your motherboard and processor will not allow you to overclock so drop a lot of money on the cooler isn't advised.

This comes in at nearly half your budget.

Lutfij

Titan
i5-8400
The stock air cooler can and will get the job done. If you're looking for aesthetics and lower temps, than a cheap aftermarket cooler, like the one's made by Coolermaster(Hyper 400 series) will also do you good. Your motherboard and processor will not allow you to overclock so drop a lot of money on the cooler isn't advised.

This comes in at nearly half your budget.

Solution

SanoNoob

Commendable
Jun 13, 2020
Ah, I see. I was a bit worried as when gaming (specifically warframe, high settings) my temps are about 80-88C most of the time and it spikes up to 90C+ sometimes. Is it safe for that range of temps?