Question What CPU cooler should i choose to replace my current one with ? ( Case fan question too)

Apr 9, 2019
Hey there!
I currently have a R5 1600X with a TERRIBLE cooler - CoolerMaster Master Air G100L. It runs 55c-60 idle but curiously maxes out at 75 and never goes above it. Just seems to throttle and lower clocks and voltage.

I have a few options. ThermalTake Riing Silent 12 RGB, Hyper 212 EVO/Black Edition or the Hyper T4.
Which one do you think is the best ?

And also another question.
If I have a case with only 1 80mm case fan space in the back what would you make the fan. Intake or outtake ?
Thanks in advance!

kanewolf

Titan
Rear fan exhaust. That G100L is designed for a low profile situation. Do you have a case which can handle a tall cooler like a an 212 EVO?

You should also check your temps with that side panel removed to verify that you have enough inflow air from the front. If your temps drop, it may not be your cooler, it may be your airflow.

Apr 9, 2019
Rear fan exhaust. That G100L is designed for a low profile situation. Do you have a case which can handle a tall cooler like a an 212 EVO?

You should also check your temps with that side panel removed to verify that you have enough inflow air from the front. If your temps drop, it may not be your cooler, it may be your airflow.
Im pretty sure I can fit a 212 by the measurements i checked.
I heard some other people say that its also good to make it intake with only 1 fan in the whole case.
Which cooler would you recommend from the list ? Just because the T4 is also kind of cheaper than the 212.

What is your case?
What is the make/model of your motherboard?
Any cpu cooler needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.
You would be advised to first upgrade your case to one with a couple of 120mm front intakes.

Any of your choices would perform about the same.
Regardless, it is useless to buy one until you solve your case airflow problem.
Temporarily take off the case covers and see how you do.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
What is your case?
What is the make/model of your motherboard?
Any cpu cooler needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.
You would be advised to first upgrade your case to one with a couple of 120mm front intakes.

Don't know why you have that cooler unless you like the "bling" The stock ryzen 1600X cooler is better.
Any of your choices would perform about the same.
Regardless, it is useless to buy one until you solve your case airflow problem.
Temporarily take off the case covers and see how you do.
I see. Also the 1600X doesn't come with a stock cooler btw :D