[SOLVED] what cpu cooler should i get?

GregoryDude

Distinguished
May 16, 2015
Your CPU is not overclockable and that model tends to run fairly cool (used in a lot of dell/HP office PCs with minimal cooling). Stock intel fan should be just fine for your PC. You have an LGA 1155 socket motherboard. If you click on the tab showing motherboard on CPU-Z, it will show your motherboard model, which that information may help in narrowing compatibility.

Stock intel cooler, a good cheap replacement would be a deepcool gammaxx 300 or s40 if they're available cheap in your region.

Use the stock intel mounting and have paste pre applied so a straight swap pretty much.

Either of those will keep an old i5 around 50c under full load and pretty much silent.

Jan 21, 2021
Your CPU is not overclockable and that model tends to run fairly cool (used in a lot of dell/HP office PCs with minimal cooling). Stock intel fan should be just fine for your PC. You have an LGA 1155 socket motherboard. If you click on the tab showing motherboard on CPU-Z, it will show your motherboard model, which that information may help in narrowing compatibility.
my intel stock cooler is kinda noisy and im going to change it for looks, and yea i've used CPU-Z and it shows "To be filled By OEM", Same thing as my H310M pro-vh on my other pc which has an i5 9400f , idk what happened to both pc

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021
Stock intel cooler, a good cheap replacement would be a deepcool gammaxx 300 or s40 if they're available cheap in your region.

Use the stock intel mounting and have paste pre applied so a straight swap pretty much.

Either of those will keep an old i5 around 50c under full load and pretty much silent.
yes a deepcool gammaxx can be found cheap in my country, but is it going to fit?