[SOLVED] What CPU for Ampere?

dexmon

Reputable
Feb 4, 2020
Hey there!
I want to build a pc this or next month.
I am planning to get a Ampere GPU(the Ti Version) once it is released,
What CPU should I get for the GPU, so the CPU won’t bottleneck?
Will a Ryzen 7 3700x be enough or should I go for the 9 3900x?

thank you in advance

Solution
And I wanna play single player games mostly in 4k, some shooters probably in WQHD as I want more FPS in them.
Even a 2080Ti can't sustain 120fps+ in shooters like Apex Legends, Gears of War 5, Call of Duty, Battlefield V, PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch, and Rainbow 6 Seige at 4K without dropping down to low settings.
That forces you to turn on Adaptive Sync to deal with stuttering, but Adaptive Sync will increase latency.

Even after dropping down to low, it still can't sustain 120fps+ in some of them.

And no one even knows what a 3080Ti(whatever they're going to call it) is going to be capable of, but if the 1080Ti VS the 2080Ti is anything to go by, it won't be able to do 4K 120fps+ at max settings either.
Just stick with the 4K...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
And I wanna play single player games mostly in 4k, some shooters probably in WQHD as I want more FPS in them.
Even a 2080Ti can't sustain 120fps+ in shooters like Apex Legends, Gears of War 5, Call of Duty, Battlefield V, PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch, and Rainbow 6 Seige at 4K without dropping down to low settings.
That forces you to turn on Adaptive Sync to deal with stuttering, but Adaptive Sync will increase latency.

Even after dropping down to low, it still can't sustain 120fps+ in some of them.

And no one even knows what a 3080Ti(whatever they're going to call it) is going to be capable of, but if the 1080Ti VS the 2080Ti is anything to go by, it won't be able to do 4K 120fps+ at max settings either.
Just stick with the 4K 60 monitor for now and wait and see what the new flagship can do.

Reactions: GarrettL
Solution