What CPU should I choose?

RockerM3

Honorable
Oct 11, 2016
I'm having doubts about what CPU I should choose, my options are: FX8350, FX8320 or wait until the Ryzen 5 1600X and a compatible motherboard arrives to my country and buy that one. The problem is that I don't know if the first two CPUs will be good for like Battlefield 1 or Mass Effect Andromeda, and the other problem is that if I choose the Ryzen 5 and a compatible motherboard they'll get here really late compared to other countries and the price will be pretty high (they're selling the Ryzen 7 1800X at 800 US dollars). So what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Solution

I would wait for Ryzen 5. The old FX processors are getting weak to today's standard even a Kaby Lake Pentium G4560 can beat the FX 6300 in games so the 8350 wouldn't...

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

I would wait for Ryzen 5. The old FX processors are getting weak to today's standard even a Kaby Lake Pentium G4560 can beat the FX 6300 in games so the 8350 wouldn't fair a whole lot better especially against an Intel Core i5. The other thing is you would be buying an old socket so no upgrade paths or support for the newer features found on newer sockets such as DDR4 RAM, etc. Hope this helps :)

Solution
The FX chips will be pretty terrible for BF1 tbh, won't matter quite as much for Mass Effect. I wouldn't buy an 8350 or 8320 under any circumstances for gaming. The Ryzen 5 chips will be on the same motherboards as the Ryzen 7 chips, so the mobos should already be available where you are at the time of launch. I can't speak for prices obviously, but with the Ryzen 7 chips already out and the Ryzen 5 launch date announced weeks in advance, I'd imagine they're planning on having plenty available on launch day. I would wait if you can. Otherwise, you should consider an i5 7500 or the Pentium G4560, both are good processors for gaming and will offer you great performance without having to spend a ton.

RockerM3

Honorable
Oct 11, 2016

I guess I'll just stick to what I have and later on I'll get the Ryzen, thanks!