[SOLVED] What cpu should I choose

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
So I'm about to buy a new pc and I have 2 choices the ryzen 3 2200g and the i3 8100 I will use this pc mostly for gaming, can't buy on the internet cause on my country since is way to expensive compare to my local store, so I'm stock with these 2 options, which one would be better future proof or at least let me play games for the next years, cause I don't know when I will able to upgrade.

Thanks for the help!!.

Solution
I will pair it with a rx 570 and I may be able to upgrade i the next 2-3 years, but since I dont have a lot to spent i think is better to upgrade the gpu un the next years.

So the ryzen 3 is better? even if I don't use the integrated gpu?
The Ryzen will be just fine, as it's almost the same in performance, and will be more upgradable.
The intel is a tiny bit faster, but also is more expensive and doesn't have a good upgrade path.
So, yes the Ryzen is better.

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
I will pair it with a rx 570 and I may be able to upgrade i the next 2-3 years, but since I dont have a lot to spent i think is better to upgrade the gpu un the next years.

jitendrad

Notable
Dec 28, 2018

RX570 + Ryzen 2200g will able to give a good gaming experience on 1080p with medium to high setting.

Reactions: flmrrr3

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019

The Ryzen will be just fine, as it's almost the same in performance, and will be more upgradable.
The intel is a tiny bit faster, but also is more expensive and doesn't have a good upgrade path.
So, yes the Ryzen is better.

Reactions: flmrrr3
Solution