Question What CPU should I get next?

Mar 21, 2019
I’m planning to upgrade my build since it has already been 8 years.
I just upgraded my gpu to gtx1050ti last year
New Monitor just today

Pc Specs:

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
CPU: I7-4770k
Ram: 16Gb Ddr3

What cpu should i get good for gaming? and maybe a lil bit of video editing too.

How many years can I keep up with my current CPU? ex. How many years from now?

Mar 21, 2019
Your current cpu should keep up with a 1050Ti without any problems. How long it will last is impossible to say but it’s still doing well.

Any cpu upgrade will need a new motherboard and RAM and depends on how much you want to spend.
My cpu still doing well? woah haha.
But how much budget is best for a new cpu and a motherboard and ram?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
My cpu still doing well? woah haha.
But how much budget is best for a new cpu and a motherboard and ram?

That depends on what You want to achieve. Changing the CPU+Motherboard+RAM won't give You almost any performance boost on this graphic card, so it makes no sense.

So, tell us what do You need upgrade for? This CPU is really OK for 1050ti.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
RTX 2060 fine for me?
Yep, that should do the work, but fps will be limited by the CPU. If You are fine with 75+ fps (or more ofc, depending on the game), then You are okay.

That depends on the resolution You play.
If You go for lower details/resolution, You will push CPU to the limits (for 1080p and less). If You go for higher details/res, then first Your graphics will bottleneck.

RTX 2060 is a very good upgrade for this setup and should match this CPU pretty fine, it's OK, go for that.
Ofc You can overclock Your CPU a bit to catch up.

Mar 21, 2019
Yep, that should do the work, but fps will be limited by the CPU. If You are fine with 75+ fps (or more ofc, depending on the game), then You are okay.

That depends on the resolution You play.
If You go for lower details/resolution, You will push CPU to the limits (for 1080p and less). If You go for higher details/res, then first Your graphics will bottleneck.

RTX 2060 is a very good upgrade for this setup and should match this CPU pretty fine, it's OK, go for that.
Ofc You can overclock Your CPU a bit to catch up.
i kinda started using oc genie. But my temps would reach 80-90 C playing? and without oc 70-80 C playing? do you think i should invest with an aio fan first?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
i kinda started using oc genie. But my temps would reach 80-90 C playing? and without oc 70-80 C playing? do you think i should invest with an aio fan first?
You need 3 things:
  • good rig airflow (at least one intake fan at the front of the case and 1 fan for output at the back - the more fans, the better)
  • good CPU cooling (stock and cheapest cooling won't do). It can be air cooling, no need to go water.
  • Fresh thermalpaste applied (if it is old, it won't work that well)
Having those 3, You just need to adjust right settings for OC, and You should be fine on +1 Ghz or more.

P.S. sometimes deliding the CPU helps a lot, but do it only if necessary.

Mar 21, 2019
You need 3 things:
  • good rig airflow (at least one intake fan at the front of the case and 1 fan for output at the back - the more fans, the better)
  • good CPU cooling (stock and cheapest cooling won't do). It can be air cooling, no need to go water.
  • Fresh thermalpaste applied (if it is old, it won't work that well)
Having those 3, You just need to adjust right settings for OC, and You should be fine on +1 Ghz or more.

P.S. sometimes deliding the CPU helps a lot, but do it only if necessary.
Can you suggest me any good cooler?
Invest on a cooler first or a GPU?