What CPU should I get to run Overwatch with my 144hz monitor?

Miroku

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Hey all!

So recently my Pentium G3258 has been falling behind recently with low frames in games such as Overwatch. I’ve decided I want to upgrade to another processor, but I’m not sure which processor would help me make use of my 144hz monitor for gaming. I’ve been looking and I’m considering getting the i5 4460? I’m on a slight budget so I’m definitely looking for the best processor for it’s price.

EDIT: Was recently reading and now am considering the Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3? Sounds like it has the performance of an i7 at the price of an i5.

My specs:

AsRock B85M-DGS
Intel Pentium G3258
Radeon R9 285 PowerColor TurboDuo OC 2GB
8GB ram
500W PSU

Thank you!

Solution
i think you will be much better for a 4790, try to amke an effort and buy a 4790. It will keep your pc alive for much longer, i5 is already dead, cant handle new games. I dont want to enter in details but if someoen says that his i5 is great and has lots of frames yes it is true but the minimum framerate is horrible on i5 and the frame time also is horrible.
i think you will be much better for a 4790, try to amke an effort and buy a 4790. It will keep your pc alive for much longer, i5 is already dead, cant handle new games. I dont want to enter in details but if someoen says that his i5 is great and has lots of frames yes it is true but the minimum framerate is horrible on i5 and the frame time also is horrible.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS