[SOLVED] What cpu should i get ??

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
Ryzen 7 5800x or 7 5800x3d not sure what one to get my current cpu is 5 3600x
Curent Board > Asrock Extreme4 B550 and GPU> RX 6800 XT Thanks.

Solution
I guess once 7800x3D arrives there should be price drops. Not sure how much though but considering how good a chip 5800x3D is it'll last considerably so question is, is $100, maybe 50$ off, worth 5 years or more?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I guess once 7800x3D arrives there should be price drops. Not sure how much though but considering how good a chip 5800x3D is it'll last considerably so question is, is $100, maybe 50$ off, worth 5 years or more?

Reactions: Real_4
Solution

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
ye well its available but high demand :p so prob thats why the price is so high even the 5800x is pretty high price as well so time will tell when new cpus will be released also ye looking for some for long run that will last till i make a switch to am5 in future.

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
i did try buing from overclocker in past and payment wont go through so i sticked with Ebuyer were i got all my parts for my pc and some from CCL Online even after contacting my bank and stuff ;[ .

Last edited:
i did try buing from overclocker in past and payment wont go through so i sticked with Ebuyer were i got all my parts for my pc and some from CCL Online even after contacting my bank and stuff ;[ .
Ok, I’d also suggest keeping an eye on Scan.co.uk. The 5800X3D frequently goes on sale when they have their ‘Today Only’ section up but it isn’t there at the moment.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Do you have PayPal? Should be able to link your bank card through them (don't need to send funds directly to PayPal) and purchase from Overclockers that way. I did that to buy from Fanatec since they don't allow updating cc expiry date so couldn't use cc on their site. PayPal is easy secure and no fuss.

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
Do you have PayPal? Should be able to link your bank card through them (don't need to send funds directly to PayPal) and purchase from Overclockers that way. I did that to buy from Fanatec since they don't allow updating cc expiry date so couldn't use cc on their site. PayPal is easy secure and no fuss.
ye i cna use paypal but id rather wait till february as new Ryzen 7000 cpus are coming out so hopefully i can get it even more cheaper. Thank You all for help :p

Reactions: boju