[SOLVED] what cpu should i go with?

Axel_9

Honorable
Nov 25, 2016
im decideing on what cpu to buy to put in my gameing build at the moment the i9 10900k is sold out and that the one i want but the other choice would be the i9 9900k but im unsure if the difference is big or not any help?

Reactions: brryronnie
Solution
My intention is to get a Maximus hero XII with a 2080 but then my cpu comes into place I alredy had my head set on spending the 600+ bucks so I mean as long as I’m getting the right cpu and not haveing to get a better one later Is what I want I want the best so yea

If you can afford it and want to hedge your bets for the future and buy an LGA 1200 motherboard, then the 10700k would be a good second choice if you can't get a 10900k. There are very, very few games scaling across enough cores for the 10900k to really distinguish itself in gaming, it holds a slight edge over the 10600k and 10700k purely due to slightly higher stock clockspeeds and some people have managed to squeeze 5.3GHz out of the 10900k, though such an...
im decideing on what cpu to buy to put in my gameing build at the moment the i9 10900k is sold out and that the one i want but the other choice would be the i9 9900k but im unsure if the difference is big or not any help?

Right now if you want maximum gaming performance the i5 10600k is probably the best value choice, it is almost as fast as the 10900k once you overclock it when it comes to games. Very few games are scaling across enough cores and threads to make the 8 or 10 core chips really worthwhile for gaming right now. New consoles are coming soon and maybe you'd want to hedge your bets with an 8 core chip like a 10700k if you have the money to burn.

The 9900k is on a dead platform, so it's probably not the best idea to get one unless you can get it at a discount or you already own a Z370 or Z390 motherboard and are looking for an in-socket upgrade.

Axel_9

Honorable
Nov 25, 2016
Right now if you want maximum gaming performance the i5 10600k is probably the best value choice, it is almost as fast as the 10900k once you overclock it when it comes to games. Very few games are scaling across enough cores and threads to make the 8 or 10 core chips really worthwhile for gaming right now. New consoles are coming soon and maybe you'd want to hedge your bets with an 8 core chip like a 10700k if you have the money to burn.

The 9900k is on a dead platform, so it's probably not the best idea to get one unless you can get it at a discount or you already own a Z370 or Z390 motherboard and are looking for an in-socket upgrade.
My intention is to get a Maximus hero XII with a 2080 but then my cpu comes into place I alredy had my head set on spending the 600+ bucks so I mean as long as I’m getting the right cpu and not haveing to get a better one later Is what I want I want the best so yea

If you can afford it and want to hedge your bets for the future and buy an LGA 1200 motherboard, then the 10700k would be a good second choice if you can't get a 10900k. There are very, very few games scaling across enough cores for the 10900k to really distinguish itself in gaming, it holds a slight edge over the 10600k and 10700k purely due to slightly higher stock clockspeeds and some people have managed to squeeze 5.3GHz out of the 10900k, though such an overclock is not guaranteed. Even the 10600k benchmarks within a few frames of the 10900k once overclocked, and that's at 1080p with a 2080Ti.

Solution