Question what cpu should i pick???

Sep 11, 2019
i only game the res i play on is 1440p gpu is a 2080s or 2080 ti right now the i7-9700k is $300 usd and the i9-9900k is $450 usd and the 3700x is $330 usd those are the 3 cpus im looking at right now i have never really oc idk if i will trying to future proof my pc for streaming i dont know if i will i play games like Borderlands Destiny GTA 5 apex Hitman 2 Gears games like that for the cooler i already own a good one and its new and for ram i own 16gb 3000 ram if i need to change it i can. thanks for any help

i only game the res i play on is 1440p gpu is a 2080s or 2080 ti right now the i7-9700k is $300 usd and the i9-9900k is $450 usd and the 3700x is $330 usd those are the 3 cpus im looking at right now i have never really oc idk if i will trying to future proof my pc for streaming i dont know if i will i play games like Borderlands Destiny GTA 5 apex Hitman 2 Gears games like that for the cooler i already own a good one and its new and for ram i own 16gb 3000 ram if i need to change it i can. thanks for any help

Personally I think the 3700X is the best option out of the three. At 1440p all 3 will perform pretty much the same right now, however I think the 9700k being limited to 8 threads makes it a bad buy as games are using more cores these days.

Technically the 9900K is faster for pure gaming, but at 1440p you will be GPU bound so I don't think it's worth the extra. Also if you go with AMD you have much better upgrade options if you need in future whereas 9900K is best you'll get on current Intel platform (AMD offer a 12 core and there's a 16 core part just about to come out for AM4, just get a good motherboard and you are set for a long time).

Sep 11, 2019
Personally I think the 3700X is the best option out of the three. At 1440p all 3 will perform pretty much the same right now, however I think the 9700k being limited to 8 threads makes it a bad buy as games are using more cores these days.

Technically the 9900K is faster for pure gaming, but at 1440p you will be GPU bound so I don't think it's worth the extra. Also if you go with AMD you have much better upgrade options if you need in future whereas 9900K is best you'll get on current Intel platform (AMD offer a 12 core and there's a 16 core part just about to come out for AM4, just get a good motherboard and you are set for a long time).
if i go with 3200 speed ram from my 300 speed ram how many fps will i get if any ???

Sep 11, 2019
IMO the Ryzen 3700X is better for future proofing. My reasons are that the new AMD cpus have more cores and that if you want to upgrade to the future versions of ryzen cpus you will most likely not need to upgrade the motherboard. If you check intel's history you would notice that they changed the socket almost every generation which can get really expensive every time they release a new cpu

if i go with 3200 speed ram from my 300 speed ram how many fps will i get if any ???

Ryzen likes fast ram, however you can also get good performance just by tuning the ram timings properly. Also a decent 3000 kit should overclock to 3200 anyway.

Personally I'd keep your current ram and look at tuning it for better performance. Do a quick search for "Ryzen Ram Calculator" to get info on how to tune up the ram (the calculator tool gives you all the settings you need).

In my opinion, the i7-9700K is the best gaming processor available today.
It is fully the equivalent of the 9900K.
No games take good advantage of more than 6 cores.
When combined with a Z390 motherboard and a good air cooler, you gave good expectations o f getting near 5.0 on all cores.
Use the newly announced intel performance maximizer app to overclock to the max potential of your parts.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-cpu-auto-overclock-performance-maximizer,6179.html

On the question of ram speeds, intel does not depend on fast ram for performance. 3000-3600
speed is fine.

Sep 7, 2019
If thats true that the 9700k is $30 cheaper, then I'd go with that. That being said, the 3700x is AMAZING. I'd stay away from the 9900k and go for one of the other two. You'll get everything you'll need and you can use that extra money for other aspects of your build or setup.