Question What CPU should I upgrade to? (Please read carefully)

necroheadbanger

Honorable
Sep 8, 2017
Hi everyone.

To start off this thread, I have a Pentium G4400 as my CPU, it only has 2 Cores and 2 Threads, no hyperthreading, so I'm in a precarious situation as you can see. Right now, where I live, inflation is a thing, is a HUGE thing. I'm not 18 years old yet, I'm about to finish high school, but once I do I'm going to start studying a career, and in my city there are not many job opportunities actually, and I would be doing various things apart of studying, so I wouldn't be able to get a full time job (and there are literally no half time jobs around here).

Now, up until late last year I was saving money to buy a new CPU, and I was thinking on a G4560 which costed around $90 USD, but prices sky-rocketed to shit and now that same CPU costs $120 USD. For most people it shouldn't be like much of an increase in price, but for my local currency and my means to get money this is terrible. I was taking a look at some other CPUs and I found some that could work but I fear that they get old really fast, like the G5400 Gold, which costs like $65 but here it costs at least $100.

Next in line is my Motherboard, I barely can afford a new CPU (and I still need to save more to get one) so I can't afford a new motherboard, I have a MSI H110M Pro-VH Plus, which has a LG 1151 socket, so it supports up to 7th generation Intel CPUs.

So, is there any budget CPU that you guys think I can upgrade to? I need it to have hyperthreading and if possible to last for at least a couple of years, I don't actually care for a Quad core or anything, I just need something that can run stuff and do it well, because 2 threads really can't cut it anymore.

Here is a list of the processors your motherboard will support:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H110M-PRO-VH-PLUS#support-cpu

The G4400 has 2 cores and a passmark rating of 3549and a single thread rating of 1850.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+G4400+@+3.30GHz&id=2634
The single thread rating is really quite decent, but some games and workloads now require 4 threads.

G5400 gold is an excellent processor but is not supported on your motherboard.

Look for something like a i3-6100 with 4 threads and a rating of 5485/2105.
It might sell for $85 used on ebay.