[SOLVED] What CPU should I use on Biostar TB360-BTC PRO 2.0 Ver. 6.x ?

Sep 18, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I've just purchased a BiostarTB360-BTC PRO 2.0 Ver. 6.x motherboard where I've installed a Intel Core i5 9400F Processor with 32gb of ram.
I'm running a 1600w PSU which I've connected to the motherboard.
The issue I'm having is when I started this build I installed the CPU, RAM and PSU as well as connected a keyboard, mouse and monitor, and then started it up to run the bios to get things ready for the SSD etc but getting no display on the monitor just a blank screen ?

I've tried trouble shooting the problem with Biostar tech support who have come back to tell me to change the CPU even though the one I've installed is supported according to their website.

Would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a work around or What CPU I should be using ?

Help on this would be much appreciated.

Solution
Yup, rgd and SID are absolutely correct. The GPU has to be involved in any use of this PC. Integrated graphics in consumer motherboards have basically stopped being a thing since AM3, with only a few scattered motherboards available over the last decade. The northbridge was becoming the bottleneck.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, rgd and SID are absolutely correct. The GPU has to be involved in any use of this PC. Integrated graphics in consumer motherboards have basically stopped being a thing since AM3, with only a few scattered motherboards available over the last decade. The northbridge was becoming the bottleneck.

Solution