Question what cpus can this mother board fit

You have only two options for better cpu performance using your current motherboard and ram.

1. You can overclock your 4690K. This will help if you are a gamer and play cpu centric games like sims, mmo and strategy games.

2. The only reasonable cpu upgrade is a i7-4790K. They sell for about $180 used on ebay.
You would get 4 more threads which would be must useful for multiplayer games. You can OC this also.

What is the make of your liquid cooler?
Regardless, most any cooler will be sufficient for either upgrade above if it is doing the job now.

Past that, you are looking at current gen ryzen 3000 or intel 9th gen processors.
For them, not only is a motherboard replacement needed, but you will need DDR4 ram also.

You might budget perhaps $600 for a upgraded cpu/mobo/DDR4

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
You have only two options for better cpu performance using your current motherboard and ram.

1. You can overclock your 4690K. This will help if you are a gamer and play cpu centric games like sims, mmo and strategy games.

2. The only reasonable cpu upgrade is a i7-4790K. They sell for about $180 used on ebay.
You would get 4 more threads which would be must useful for multiplayer games. You can OC this also.

What is the make of your liquid cooler?
Regardless, most any cooler will be sufficient for either upgrade above if it is doing the job now.

Past that, you are looking at current gen ryzen 3000 or intel 9th gen processors.
For them, not only is a motherboard replacement needed, but you will need DDR4 ram also.

You might budget perhaps $600 for a upgraded cpu/mobo/DDR4

I only play online games is it better if i just bought a new pc or upgrade this one

if i sell my pc whats a good price to get
Less than you hope.
You possibly could sell the whole thing locally.
On ebay, the shipping costs of a case make that option difficult.
Unless you can find a local buyer you will need to sell of parts that are not useful for a new build and retain the useable parts.

A pc will often fetch more if it is disassembled and the parts sold individually.
That is because it is unlikely that a buyer will want exactly the same pc.
Find your parts in used condition on ebay.
Then filter on completed auctions,
In green you will see what the part actually sold for and what you could expect to get for those parts.

You are looking to the processor as an issue, that may be the case, but
Possibly your graphics card might be a good upgrade option.
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.