What did I do wrong with my first build?

Aug 30, 2018
Hello, My name is Timo and I'm from Holland (so sorry for my bad English)

About 7 months ago I build my very first gaming pc, but there's a big problem with it.
When I tried out my first games it already surprised me that I didn't get a lot of fps. But yesterday I bought Battlefield 1 and when I played multiplayer I found out something terrible... Even with all the low settings on 1080p, I'm getting such low fps and so mutch fps drops. I keep getting 15-30 fps with A LOT of fps drops. I've been trying to figure out the problem but nothing adds up to what I found out so far. Can someone help me get this figured out??

SPECS:
Intel Pentium G4600 (dual-core 3.6Ghz) - I think this is the problem more info below!
GTX 1060 3gb
8gb ram
1TB HDD
450 Watt Bronze PSU

So When monitoring with MSI Afterburner I can see that my processor is at a 100% but my GPU around 65%. Does this mean it's limiting my GPU? This would seem obvious but when I look up other video's of the G4600 and 1060 3gb people still get so much fps on ultra and high settings!

Another reason could be my power supply (THIS IS NOT HOOKED UP TO A WALL, BUT PLUGGED INTO A POWER STRIP JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE), or that I'm running 2 monitors 1080p. But I never use other programs except for MSI afterburner when playing games.

I'm planning on upgrading to an AMD CPU: ryzen 3 2200g if I'm right? But I need to know sure what the problem is because buying a new motherboard and a new CPU is quite expensive if it doesn't solve the problem...

I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem!!!!

Solution
Battlefield 1, in large multiplayer matches, can stress even a 4 core/4 thread CPU, so that's why your dual core can't handle it.

Ryzen is probably the most budget friendly upgrade option. I would recommend a Ryzen 5, not a Ryzen 3. You'll need the extra threads if BF1, and probably BF V, are the type of games you want to play. A 2200g will do okay, but if you play in large matches you might see some unstable framerate.

It might cost less, depending on prices where you are, to replace your dual core with an i7 Kaby Lake rather than buy the Ryzen CPU and motherboard.
Battlefield 1, in large multiplayer matches, can stress even a 4 core/4 thread CPU, so that's why your dual core can't handle it.

Ryzen is probably the most budget friendly upgrade option. I would recommend a Ryzen 5, not a Ryzen 3. You'll need the extra threads if BF1, and probably BF V, are the type of games you want to play. A 2200g will do okay, but if you play in large matches you might see some unstable framerate.

It might cost less, depending on prices where you are, to replace your dual core with an i7 Kaby Lake rather than buy the Ryzen CPU and motherboard.

Solution
Aug 30, 2018

Hey, What motherboard would you recommend for 125 dollars? The best would be an ATX white motherboard but I cant see to find a good/cool one under that price range...