[SOLVED] What distributions of GNU/Linux does support the desktop version of Radeon Vega 8 Graphics?

Oct 20, 2019
I've managed to install Linux Mint 19 on my computer due to the fact that the Realtek WiFi driver will be able to compile and install. Allowing me to use my Realtek WiFi Adapter. So, that's the only reason on why I use Linux Mint. The problem I'm facing is that Linux Mint 19 doesn't seemed to have the desktop version of Vega 8 Graphic's driver built into the kernel. So, I was wondering if there is a way to download and install the desktop version of Vega 8 Graphic's driver just so my screen resolution will adjust to 1920 x 1080.

Solution
Here is a discussion at AMD forums, but it seems AMD are not interested in Linux support, so you are probably limited to opensource drivers. From what I can read, recent Linux kernel is a must, and I don't know what's being shipped with LM19.

I've learned my lesson way back to stick with Intel and integrated video for Linux. Everything else (NVidia, AMD) is playing roullette.
Here is a discussion at AMD forums, but it seems AMD are not interested in Linux support, so you are probably limited to opensource drivers. From what I can read, recent Linux kernel is a must, and I don't know what's being shipped with LM19.

I've learned my lesson way back to stick with Intel and integrated video for Linux. Everything else (NVidia, AMD) is playing roullette.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS