What do i do if windows 7 is stuck on welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

telly23

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello, For over a month our HP Compac Presario CQ57 displayed that our Windows 7 might not be genuine. Hence, the computer keeps crashing. This morning the computer crashed and would not come back on again. The computer is stuck on Welcome. I finally got back into the computer and put a product key number, which I took from my other new computer, and it stated that the PN was accepted. However, we are still having the same problem. It will not start in Safe Mode, it will not work if we do a repair, because it asks for a cd, which we did not get with our computer. What can we do get our computer to go past the welcome screen?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Whether you installed a pirated copy of Windows or you unknowingly purchased one with it, your only option is to purchase a valid copy and re-install. Depending on if it was just an illegal key or a an actual bad image- you need a valid copy. If it's a pirated image/install you seriously run the risk of malware, trojans or backdoors built into the system. Regardless of the situation, this thread will be closed and the only advice we can give you is buy a legit copy of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.