Question What do I do? When I put on my Toshiba laptop, it starts automatic repair and ends with' no bootable device found. Please restart.'

Jul 11, 2022
My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C55-A5150. This problem started after I stopped system restore which stuck at 1% for up to six hours. Since, I have tried many fixes to no avail. Now, I have a windows 10 dvd to reinstall. Please, help me.

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C55-A5150. This problem started after I stopped system restore which stuck at 1% for up to six hours. Since, I have tried many fixes to no avail. Now, I have a windows 10 dvd to reinstall. Please, help me.
It would help to find out what's going on with your internal drives. You could download a linux distro, mount it on a usb and boot from that. The file manager included in it would let you see if you can still access and rescue any of your essential files. The Gparted app included in it would allow you to see how many partitions your disk has and if there's a hidden partition from Toshiba that's necessary for the laptop to function. Or you could just delete every partition on the disk so that all the space is unallocated and check to make sure it has a GPT identifier to prepare for a windows reinstall. (Note that the windows installer works best when there is only 1 drive connected at install time; others can be connected later.)

Reactions: Ikprince
If it were me, I would remove the HDD, transfer any needed files to a working computer, re-install HDD, Wipe and reload, use linux to back up files if you don't want to remove the HDD. I personally don't keep anything on my laptop that can't be lost if I have to do a wipe and reload, everything is on an external HDD as well as a secondary 1tb SSD clone. Years of being a tech has taught me that saving your life on any computer is prone to be lost at any time. Good Luck.

Reactions: Ikprince