Question What do I do?

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
Should I sell my PS4 w/ controller(s) & Games for 280 euros to get the 2060?

Specs: i5 8400, 1060 6gb, 16gb ddr4
1080p60hz

Lutfij

Titan
List your current specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As it stands, with the limited info you've given us, I'd say it's a toss up. Are you sure you don't game on exclusive(PS4 only) titles? If not, then sure jump onboard.

BEFORE upgrading, just make sure you have a decent high quality power supply for the RTX 2060. What's your PSU's current make/model number ? So, you have been gaming on 'Consoles' all these years, or you just want to sell the PS4 for some extra cash, so that you can afford the RTX GPU ?

Last edited:

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
BEFORE upgrading, just make sure you have a decent high quality power supply for the RTX 2060. What's your PSU's current make/model number ? So, you have been gaming on 'Consoles' all these years, or you just wnat to sell the PS4 for some extra cash ?
A person built the PC for me he only said modular 80+. So I dont have any more details.

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
List your current specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As it stands, with the limited info you've given us, I'd say it's a toss up. Are you sure you don't game on exclusive(PS4 only) titles? If not, then sure jump on board.
Yeah sure It's more organised. And yes I am sure I don't need the ps4 anymore.

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
Yes it does. To be honest I don't know much about this, but I just checked using the system information application and I found that I have Intel PCIe Controller (x16)

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
But you need to figure out the make/model of your PSU, before upgrading. Without knowing the model, it's hard to tell whether you should upgrade your GPU or not. Does your current PSU come with enough PCI/PEG connectors as well, 6/8-PIN ?
I'll see. Or If I do not find anything should I just keep the 1060? I mean will it last for atleast 1 year? Even though I do still want to hunt that 2060.

The 1060 should still do well for a year at 1080/60. Honestly the 2060 would be overkill for a 60hz panel. If you were upgrading to a 144hz or 1440 It would be an ideal card.

Finding out what power supply you have is pretty simple, and if you really want that 2060, would help people make a safe recommendation. Just pull off the side panel, probably the wire side. It will be held on, most likely, by two thumb screws. Remove those and it'll pull right off.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
The 1060 should still do well for a year at 1080/60. Honestly the 2060 would be overkill for a 60hz panel. If you were upgrading to a 144hz or 1440 It would be an ideal card.

Finding out what power supply you have is pretty simple, and if you really want that 2060, would help people make a safe recommendation. Just pull off the side panel, probably the wire side. It will be held on, most likely, by two thumb screws. Remove those and it'll pull right off.
Alright, I'll try. Thank you ;)

I cannot see the psu :(
That is unfortunate, as without that information, it's hard for anyone to give a solid recommendation. The last thing anyone wants to see is a PC failure because they recommended something you can't supply enough power to.

Did you take both side panels off to check? There has to be someway to see the psu in there. What case do you have? That may help us to help you figure out how to see the psu.

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
That is unfortunate, as without that information, it's hard for anyone to give a solid recommendation. The last thing anyone wants to see is a PC failure because they recommended something you can't supply enough power to.

Did you take both side panels off to check? There has to be someway to see the psu in there. What case do you have? That may help us to help you figure out how to see the psu.
And no I did not have to take the front panel because it's plexi glass so I can see through. My case is Coolermaster MB600L.