Question What do i do

Sep 15, 2019
Its been weeks and I'm close to giving up but I'll keep this short
Hp compaq 6200 pro sff

Currently uses gtx 650 runs on motherboard power

Want to upgrade graphics but it needs more power

Turns out hp workstations use proprietary power supply connections so can't use a normal 24 pin one

Looked for adapters but none of them match the 6 pin pattern my pc uses

So besides start over and build an entirely new pc or find a workstation that uses normal power what do I do

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I would not be using an adapter on HP proprietary PSUs as it typically means they are not made to power those components, and adapters are practically asking for trouble. Especially being as the HP OEM ones tend to be very poor quality.

Those systems aren't really made to be upgraded, which is why they are proprietary - so best bet would likely to upgrade the MB, PSU and potentially case depending on if that is also proprietary.

Sep 15, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I would not be using an adapter on HP proprietary PSUs as it typically means they are not made to power those components, and adapters are practically asking for trouble. Especially being as the HP OEM ones tend to be very poor quality.

Those systems aren't really made to be upgraded, which is why they are proprietary - so best bet would likely to upgrade the MB, PSU and potentially case depending on if that is also proprietary.
Motherboard probably is my best bet

TRENDING THREADS