[SOLVED] What do i do?

Ferimer

Distinguished
Should i leave my OC running even when i'm not using it to game or should i leave it? IM O/Cing using Ryzen Master and im unsure should i be booting ryzen master every time to OC my CPU or should i go into my bios and mess around in there to the settings i found to be stable? using a ryzen 5 3600x boosted at 4.25ghz 1.3v.

Last edited:
Solution
I used ryzen master and cinebench 20 to find the stable point for my 1500x.
I found 4.0G @1.3375V is the sweet spot and with another cooler it runs cooler than the chip running at stock with stock cooling.
I entered the BIOS and set the settings there. since the OC CPU under load is cooler than stock at load I set the overclock to permanent and have had no problem these past few months.

this is what I did. I will not tell you what to do
just curious, what is the temperature differences between stock and OC?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I found 4.0G @1.3375V is the sweet spot and with another cooler it runs cooler than the chip running at stock with stock cooling.
I entered the BIOS and set the settings there. since the OC CPU under load is cooler than stock at load I set the overclock to permanent and have had no problem these past few months.

Reactions: Ferimer
Solution

Ferimer

Distinguished

When I boot up and its running its stock boost its 62.7 degrees at 4.149 mhz but when boosted to 4.249 at 1.3v its cooler by like 5 degrees. So I'll set it to permanent in bios then. That is when all of the cores are running at 100%. The temps are virtually the same when boosted

Last edited:

Ferimer

Distinguished
Okay I understood what you meant now. So I rebooted my pc ran the aida64 test and the temps got up to over 70. When I run my boosted clock test with the 1.3v my temps hover around 67. So more than 3 degrees cooler at a higher boost

Hi did you disable percission boost in Cbs in bios.
I'm working on a 3600x bios oc myself @4.325.
My temps are 63.3 during a p95 blend test @ 1.29375v but still in progress.
Idle temps range 22-27c depending on my ambient room temp but I'm also water cooling.
Disabling percission boost may help lower your temps.
If you use p95 to test be sure to disable Avx's.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi did you disable percission boost in Cbs in bios.
I'm working on a 3600x bios oc myself @4.325.
My temps are 63.3 during a p95 blend test @ 1.29375v but still in progress.
Idle temps range 22-27c depending on my ambient room temp but I'm also water cooling.
Disabling percission boost may help lower your temps.
If you use p95 to test be sure to disable Avx's.
Yeah I dont have the precision boost on i know that as i checked everything in bios. I could boost higher but I'm comfortable with what i have. Everything else is going to be bottlenecked now by my GPU so I'm good with what I have.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I stopped at 1.3375 because I read AMD said above 1.35 will cause damage. while most overclockers start with 1.4 I considered 1.35 the hard limit. when I went farther I could get no more speed anyway, 4.0 seems my CPU's limit.