[SOLVED] What Do I need to do, with a new SSD?

Apr 9, 2020
Hello all! So my hard drive recently died, and I just bought a new SSD (samsung 860 Evo). I’m a bit confused with the whole process of How to install windows 10 to the new SSD. Can I just plug it into the same SATA cable, turn my pc. Or what Do i need to do in order to get it to boot up?

Solution
Hello all! So my hard drive recently died, and I just bought a new SSD (samsung 860 Evo). I’m a bit confused with the whole process of How to install windows 10 to the new SSD. Can I just plug it into the same SATA cable, turn my pc. Or what Do i need to do in order to get it to boot up?
A fresh OS install on the new SSD.
Pretty easy.

Then you reinstall everything else.

If there are any other storage devices in this system, you have them physically disconnected during the install process.

USAFRet

Titan
Pretty easy.

If there are any other storage devices in this system, you have them physically disconnected during the install process.

Reactions: Domeury
Solution
Apr 9, 2020
Pretty easy.

Thank you for the help, I might just take it to a tech shop and have them do it for me