What do i need to hook up third monitor properly

Jericho95

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Hello all,

I have a Dell 3847 with a 32'' Samsung tv and a 23'' Dell monitor. I received another 23'' monitor and am unsure what is the compatible resource to make it useful. ( In other words I have no idea how to hook this thing up properly ) I'm not a gamer, but, a third would come in handy. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GBx2)
1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 Processor

Thank you kindly

Solution
I could suggest taking a look at the Geforce GTX 650, though someone more experienced will need to look in, in regards to it's power usage.

Jericho95

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

That's the thing. I know I need one, I'm just worried I'll buy the wrong one. Do you know of any? Thank you for the reply.

SpeedLynx

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015

What will you be using your PC for if not for games? Just asking so we know what sort of power may be needed from said graphics card. Also do you know what wattage your Power Supply is? It might say so on the actual power supply.

If you were to use a watt heavy graphics card on an underpowered power supply it might make your system unstable in the future.

Jericho95

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Its to run charting software via a brokerage. I am learning the futures market and a 3rd monitor would really come in handy. According to the specs its 300w of power, not sure if that's good or bad actually.

TRENDING THREADS