Question what do i need to know about pc gaming?

May 21, 2019
I've been playing on consoles for my whole life and I was thinking about buying a pc but I don't know anything about pc gaming like do I need anti-virus software, how do I replace parts, how do I maintain a pc vice versa so any information you guys could give a pc noob like me would be very much appreciated.

There are some very good prebuilds out there at a good price. You can find one that you won't have to worry about upgrades for sometime to come. Personally, I am happy gaming at 1920x1080. I have both a PS2 & PS3 and some games I prefer on that format and others, on the PC. That is a Controller vs Mouse and keyboard thing and just depends on the game. With the good Prebuilds out there and the cost of building these days, it is probably just as well to just buy one and then sometime down the road if you feel the need to, just upgrade. It used to be that you could build a really great rig for a lot less than you could purchase one of a lesser quality. Not so much any more with the "Boutique" stuff hitting the open market and at good prices that will probably become the way to go. I would say this though. I used to moderate a Forum, PCWorld.com while it was still up. I used to see horror stories about CyberPower PCs. I won't recommend them.

May 21, 2019
There are some very good prebuilds out there at a good price. You can find one that you won't have to worry about upgrades for sometime to come. Personally, I am happy gaming at 1920x1080. I have both a PS2 & PS3 and some games I prefer on that format and others, on the PC. That is a Controller vs Mouse and keyboard thing and just depends on the game. With the good Prebuilds out there and the cost of building these days, it is probably just as well to just buy one and then sometime down the road if you feel the need to, just upgrade. It used to be that you could build a really great rig for a lot less than you could purchase one of a lesser quality. Not so much any more with the "Boutique" stuff hitting the open market and at good prices that will probably become the way to go. I would say this though. I used to moderate a Forum, PCWorld.com while it was still up. I used to see horror stories about CyberPower PCs. I won't recommend them.
Got any pre builds you can recommend

My budget is $600
I can put something out there, but it will be a bit more and this is approximate.
CASE: Bitfenix Nova TG - $55

PSU: Corsair VS450 80+ White - $40

Motherboard: ASRock B450M R4.0 AM4 - $60

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - $165

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb - $220

RAM: 8 Gb ( 2x4 Gb ) Patriot Viper 4 @ 3000 MT/s - $58

SSD: 120Gb ADATA Ultimate SU650 - $25

HDD: 1Tb Seagate Constellation ES 3.5 inch - $35

That comes to about $658 and you would still need and OS, which is $100, as well as Keyboard & Mouse, unless you have them.

For a Prebuilt, there is always this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NV267C8/ref=psdc_13896597011_t3_B077QDM2DP

Last edited:

Jiry_XD

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
hey guys sometimes it is cheaper and funner to build a computer himself, give him a chance to make a decision. I also thought about a prebuilt for my first pc but i watched some vids about building pcs and i was in love with it. :) Offcourse if his budget is so low he is better with a prebuilt most of the time

Reactions: fernando2001