Question What do i need to know before changing my monitor panel?

Jul 5, 2019
So i want to upgrade my actual panel from my Benq GW2470H that is 1920x1080 60Hz 23.8" to another one that is 2560x1440 144Hz 23.8", is that possible? Do i need to know something before buying it?

USAFRet

Titan
So i want to upgrade my actual panel from my Benq GW2470H that is 1920x1080 60Hz 23.8" to another one that is 2560x1440 144Hz 23.8", is that possible? Do i need to know something before buying it?
Does the circuitry in the monitor know what to do with a "2560x1440 144Hz " panel?
How have you determined this?

Why not just buy a monitor that meets your needs?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Nope. A monitor is a monitor. All it does is display image.
Some can display more frames per second than others.
Some can turn their zones on an off faster than others resulting in less motion blur and faster perceived input latency.
Some can adaptively syncronize the refresh rate of the screen to the frame rate coming out of your graphics card removing screen tearing and not causing as much input latency as using a software sync method like V-Sync.

But at the end of the day, a monitor is still a monitor and all it does is display the image being produced from a GPU.

However, I might be able to offer better recommendation for what kind of monitor to waste money on but I need to know what your PC specs are, and what country you live inn as well as your budget.

Because a 1440p 144Hz monitor will do you nothing if you can't game at the higher resolution and higher frame rates at the same time to match the refresh rate.

But to answer your initial question about replacing the panel itself within your current monitor, the only way that works is as others have said, and the controller board supports that kind of panel.

But you'll probably end up spending more many than is worth it trying to do this.

Would be better to just buy a new monitor.
At this point, refer to my above statement about gaming hardware, budget, and country

Jul 5, 2019
Nope. A monitor is a monitor. All it does is display image.
Some can display more frames per second than others.
Some can turn their zones on an off faster than others resulting in less motion blur and faster perceived input latency.
Some can adaptively syncronize the refresh rate of the screen to the frame rate coming out of your graphics card removing screen tearing and not causing as much input latency as using a software sync method like V-Sync.

But at the end of the day, a monitor is still a monitor and all it does is display the image being produced from a GPU.

However, I might be able to offer better recommendation for what kind of monitor to waste money on but I need to know what your PC specs are, and what country you live inn as well as your budget.

Because a 1440p 144Hz monitor will do you nothing if you can't game at the higher resolution and higher frame rates at the same time to match the refresh rate.

But to answer your initial question about replacing the panel itself within your current monitor, the only way that works is as others have said, and the controller board supports that kind of panel.

But you'll probably end up spending more many than is worth it trying to do this.

Would be better to just buy a new monitor.
At this point, refer to my above statement about gaming hardware, budget, and country
I have a rtx2070 super and a i7-9700k with 32gb of ram ddr4, my budget is 600€ that is like $660

Jul 5, 2019
Does the circuitry in the monitor know what to do with a "2560x1440 144Hz " panel?
How have you determined this?

Why not just buy a monitor that meets your needs?
Being honest i don't know what are you talking about, i just thought that maybe it's cheaper to buy a panel and put it on another monitor than buying another monitor.