What do I need to run 1080p Video

coinstoamillion

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
I have a small htpc that I want to use for basic web browsing and videos and install chrome os on. I thought a GT430 would be good enough for 1080p video but it drops a lot of frames and stutters. no matter what OS I put on it, I tried windows and linux, new drivers, old drivers. Is the graphics card just not good enough for 1080p video?

HP Pavilion s3500f - Slimline - Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.8 GHz with a 1 GB GT 430 and 4 gigs of ram.

Solution
Check usage of cpu, gpu, ram, hdd, and also check to see if cpu and gpu are clocking up if usage gets high enough. I'd suspect the gpu may not clock up and stay in 2d mode but we should get a complete view of what's happening with all this.

coinstoamillion

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018

Gpu running at 65 Degree Celsius every time I've checked with video running and 45 on cpu. Nothing running in the background. Have done fresh installs of windows an linux on this. Could it be a faulty gpu then? Since it is a refurbished GT 430

Check usage of cpu, gpu, ram, hdd, and also check to see if cpu and gpu are clocking up if usage gets high enough. I'd suspect the gpu may not clock up and stay in 2d mode but we should get a complete view of what's happening with all this.

Solution