Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Setup:
Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Gigabyte geforce gtx 1060 6gb oc edition
MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX Mobo
2 x 8gb corsair vengeance LPX ddr4 3000mhz
Evga 500w psu white rated

With my current set up i get anywhere from 110fps to 165 fps on Apex legends which is fine at the moment, however i'd like to play at a stable 165fps always. So what upgrades would i need to make to achieve this. (I always play at the lowest settings so graphics isn't an issue)

Solution
Trying to improve fps on your current system or looking for upgrades, assuming that the game is nicely optimized, all drivers are up2date, you do not have malwares, viruses, etc. and not much tasks running in background..
lower the resolution and graphical settings of the game e.g. 720p and all maxed to low of the game, disable vsync..check the fps.
If the fps can not go high enough or very unstable, it is very possible hat your processor is the culprit and you need to do something about this.
If the fps simply jumps really high, your GPU is the culprit and you need to upgrade this.

Ryzen 2600 is still very good, a bit more OC could help but be careful with the temps and power consumption.
However, Apex Legend should run quite ok on...
Trying to improve fps on your current system or looking for upgrades, assuming that the game is nicely optimized, all drivers are up2date, you do not have malwares, viruses, etc. and not much tasks running in background..
lower the resolution and graphical settings of the game e.g. 720p and all maxed to low of the game, disable vsync..check the fps.
If the fps can not go high enough or very unstable, it is very possible hat your processor is the culprit and you need to do something about this.
If the fps simply jumps really high, your GPU is the culprit and you need to upgrade this.

Ryzen 2600 is still very good, a bit more OC could help but be careful with the temps and power consumption.
However, Apex Legend should run quite ok on your system, you should be able to reach 144 fps on minimum. I would say there should be something else on your system, which causes the problem.

Solution
Sep 15, 2019
MIght be there are background application is running on the background. Other background application like discord, google chrome etc can take up your graphics card memory and RAM. Close the background application and lower you resolution if you really want to play the game at constant 165 fps. Due to the change of terrain and texture can also the FPS to dip down.