[SOLVED] What do I risk with a Thermaltake litepower 650w and can I solve it

Jan 14, 2019
So that's my first build , didn't build it my self the store where I bought the components did it for me , and he recommended me a PSU so I took it , iam currently using a Thermaltake litepower 650w for a i3 8100 and a GTX 1060 6Gb on a Ashrock B360m-HDV but I read pretty bad opinions about it so I'd like to know what i risk using it , and can I solve it using an external current stabiliser. Bcz opening the case to change something would compromise the warranty

Solution
What are your issues ghilesmekdem.? Is the PSU your main concern.?

The PSU that was recommended IMO is a basic cheap PSU with poor efficiency. So he didn't do you any favors there. Although the Wattage is adequate atm, It will not provide for much expansion and it will generate more heat so more fans required.

Don't Jeopardize your Warranty, Take the unit back to the builder and explain your issues and for piece of mind replace the unit with a Gold certified unit of good quality and efficiency. A 650W GOLD unit from Seasonic, EVGA, Antec are good.
What are your issues ghilesmekdem.? Is the PSU your main concern.?

The PSU that was recommended IMO is a basic cheap PSU with poor efficiency. So he didn't do you any favors there. Although the Wattage is adequate atm, It will not provide for much expansion and it will generate more heat so more fans required.

Don't Jeopardize your Warranty, Take the unit back to the builder and explain your issues and for piece of mind replace the unit with a Gold certified unit of good quality and efficiency. A 650W GOLD unit from Seasonic, EVGA, Antec are good.

Solution
Jan 14, 2019
Thanks for the answer but I can't return the unit unless I return the whole PC with a faulty component so I get a replacement which is not the case , what I wanted to know is whether it's really bad using it and could it harm my other components , also, would a current stabiliser would help or fix anything

The whole PC is at risk with that PSU, it's garbage.

And no, the only fix would be to buy a better quality unit as recommended above.

Return the whole PC, the builder sent you a time bomb.