[SOLVED] What do I use to make UV active cooant glow?

Imacflier

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
I am building a custom loop from 16mm PETG tubing. I believe I need to shine UV light onto the loop to make the coolant glow. Assuming I am correct about that, I need a flexible 24-in string of UV leds.

Please give recommendations and corrections!

TIA,

Larry

Solution
Yes, you'll just have to hook that up to 12V inside the chassis, or pop it onto a fan header and control the intensity with the motherboard fan options. So you may want to look into some sacrificial adapter cables. Though someone probably makes the appropriate adapter.

No, I have two 280mm radiators and a new pump/res/rad 280mm to replace my old Swiftech, which is about to turn 7 years old. A bit tired of filling it, and it seems to be evaporating out more than usual. Might be the tubing, but we shall see. Going to go through the whole thing and rebuild it next week. New GPU block to go in as well, since I think the one on there is either improperly installed, not enough clamping pressure, or just isn't very good. I thought about...

Imacflier

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you'll just have to hook that up to 12V inside the chassis, or pop it onto a fan header and control the intensity with the motherboard fan options. So you may want to look into some sacrificial adapter cables. Though someone probably makes the appropriate adapter.

No, I have two 280mm radiators and a new pump/res/rad 280mm to replace my old Swiftech, which is about to turn 7 years old. A bit tired of filling it, and it seems to be evaporating out more than usual. Might be the tubing, but we shall see. Going to go through the whole thing and rebuild it next week. New GPU block to go in as well, since I think the one on there is either improperly installed, not enough clamping pressure, or just isn't very good. I thought about getting the Eximo SM radiators, but other than knowing it is in there, it isn't labeled, would just be another radiator.

Solution