[SOLVED] What do the LEDs mean on my motherboard ?

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I purchased a secondhand M/B combo I can get it to start but not boot into the bios the M/B is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R I am trying to figure out the leds on the board the set closest to the corner show 2green 2 yellow & 2 red and the leds closest to the ram slots read Yellow green yellow green can any one tell me the significance of them please and whether it has any bearing on my problem I have tried 2 different video cards in different PCIE slots to no avail and different ram ???

Solution
I purchased a secondhand M/B combo I can get it to start but not boot into the bios the M/B is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R I am trying to figure out the leds on the board the set closest to the corner show 2green 2 yellow & 2 red and the leds closest to the ram slots read Yellow green yellow green can any one tell me the significance of them please and whether it has any bearing on my problem I have tried 2 different video cards in different PCIE slots to no avail and different ram ???
Those LED's mean many things... If you don't have one (you'll need it) you can DL the manual from the Gigabyte support site:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-X58A-UD3R-rev-20/support#support-manual

Jump to page 22.
Those LED's mean many things... If you don't have one (you'll need it) you can DL the manual from the Gigabyte support site:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-X58A-UD3R-rev-20/support#support-manual

Jump to page 22.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS