Question What do these error messages mean?

Jul 26, 2019
unfortunately the cable company ran all the line through the attic in my house. when i say attic i dont mean one you can go into, its like a crawlspace above my ceiling. I'm not able to go up there.

There should be another screen that show the signal levels and number of errors. You can look up the recommended values. I am going to bet your upload signal level is to high. This means the ISP equipment is having trouble hearing your equipment and have asked it to transmit at a higher level.

In any case all the message means is the modem is having trouble talking to the ISP. There is not much you can do it appears. Most when the problem is in someones house it is related to coax spitters but it sound like they ran a cable directly from outside to your modem.

In any case check any connection you can find. Even a tiny amount of water can cause massive issues.

Mostly this is to prevent the ISP from blaming you and charging you to come to the house. It could just as easily be a issue in the box on the street. The ISP techs have equipment to test and find problems like this.

Your error rate looks good on your power level image. The ranging issues sounds like it's a problem on the isp side. I'd call them ask them if they've got any issues going on in the area. If they do, and if they're working on it, that's all you can do for the moment.

Wacabletech06

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/a/4WDXfm9

I’ve been having lots of issues with my internet lately and I’m wondering if these errors have anything to do with it.

T3 time outs mean the cmts (big computer up the line that manages cable internet) has not recieved a response in the time it expected. This is usually because you have a upstream/return impairment in the coax system. Most of the time it's going to be local but it can be a system issue. Locally you may have too many splitter running the return/transmit strength up beyond the maximum so that the cmts is receiving a weak signal, or noise/interferance is on the line and the data cannot be understood and thus a request or multiple requests to resend the data are required.

Can you post the levels?

T3 time outs mean the cmts (big computer up the line that manages cable internet) has not recieved a response in the time it expected. This is usually because you have a upstream/return impairment in the coax system. Most of the time it's going to be local but it can be a system issue. Locally you may have too many splitter running the return/transmit strength up beyond the maximum so that the cmts is receiving a weak signal, or noise/interferance is on the line and the data cannot be understood and thus a request or multiple requests to resend the data are required.

Can you post the levels?
He did post the levels. The downstream is a little low but still ok what is very strange is how low the upstream power is. Most times it is upstream with a power number to high not sure what having a upstream level below the recommend value means though.