What do these terms mean and what do they do?

IAEInferno

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
DDR3

DDR4

HBM

HDMI

UEFI

GDDR4

GDDR5

GDDR5X

Cores

Threads

Ghz

Mhz

L1 Cache

L3 Cache

Lithography

Hyper Threading

Core Clock

Interface

PCI Express x16

TDP

RAID support

Chipset

How can a CPU bottleneck?

How can a GPU bottleneck?

How to know if your CPU will bottleneck the GPU?

How to know if your GPU will bottleneck your CPU?

Solution

Look I understand, so I gave you the answer to all the things you need to know. I just know that you could have done it youself. But I understand you;
ddr3/4 These are different variants of RAM. (higher is better)
HDMI a cable wth which you connect the pc and monitor.
gddr4/5/5x...

SkittishGaming

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
man use google. I see no point of explaining this to you.
gddr4/5/5x RAM in graphic cards. (higher is better)
Cores - The amount of main processing units inside a proceessor
Threads - cores the amount of logical cores. (1 core can be hyper threaded, have 2 threads )
Ghz - clock speed (1000Mhz = 1Ghz)
L1/L3 cache - A small ram used directy by the cpu (doesn't really matter but the higher the better)
Litography - The average amount of space of transistors
Core clock - The clock speed of one core (measured in GHz)
TDP - max temperature of a cpu
PCIe x16 - the slot on your motherboard for you GPU
CHipset - a thing on a mobo that determines wether you are able to overclock
Bottleneck - when a CPU or GPU ca't operate to it's full power due to another component
How to know if you have a bottleneck. Just ask tomshardware if you select our parts.

IAEInferno

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I came here to find an answer and if you guys have a problem answering it then don't answer it, it's not even illegal or spam. Most of the people asking questions are even common to the point that it can be googled or wikid, I don't get the point on why the attention would be towards me? Isn't that just too much of a hypocrisy to tell me that I'm trying to get spoonfed when most of the people here that asks are getting spoonfed as well, this is hilarious.

SkittishGaming

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

Look I understand, so I gave you the answer to all the things you need to know. I just know that you could have done it youself. But I understand you;
gddr4/5/5x RAM in graphic cards. (higher is better)
Cores - The amount of main processing units inside a proceessor
Threads - the amount of logical cores. (1 core can be hyper threaded, have 2 threads )
Ghz - clock speed (1000Mhz = 1Ghz)
L1/L3 cache - A small ram used directy by the cpu (doesn't really matter but the higher the better)
Litography - The average amount of space of transistors
Core clock - The clock speed of one core (measured in GHz)
TDP - max temperature of a cpu
PCIe x16 - the slot on your motherboard for you GPU
CHipset - a thing on a mobo that determines wether you are able to overclock
Bottleneck - when a CPU or GPU ca't operate to it's full power due to another component
How to know if you have a bottleneck. Just ask tomshardware if you select our parts.

Solution

IAEInferno

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

I needed a simplified answer because I find google and wiki explanations long and difficult to understand, which is why I'm asking here for a simplified version, thank you for the answers.

SkittishGaming

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

There may be some spelling mistakes becuase it was typed fast. No problem bro :)

IAEInferno

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

You guys should stop answering questions that are common then and are and I quote "Google!" because that is condescending, I know how to google but that doesn't mean I can easily understand the terms. Just by saying specify or explain computers is a vague question doesn't make it right I specifically asked what do these terms mean and what do they do and not just any vague question. Do me a favour and either ignore a question or answer it politely because that's just being rude.

Some things are complex, because they are complex.

Read the first few sentences of the wikipedia page.