[SOLVED] What do u think about xigmatek x power psu's are theygood? Did u face any problems while using them? Is the protection system good? Thank u for answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2020
What do u think about xigmatek x power psu's are they're good? Did u face any problems while using them? Is the protection system good? Thank u for answer

Oct 17, 2020
A friend had one--an Xcalibre 600 or something like that. He bought it to pair with his $300+ R9-280 a few years back. I'm not sure what he paid for it but my guess would be around $30-$40. He says it works fine. He stopped using the computer at least two years ago after the GPU developed an annoying flicker. But of course, that could not possibly be related to the power supply... :rolleyes:

The only ones that might be decent would be the Minotaur line, but I've never been able to find a review on them and I have my doubts. Johnnieguru, any opinion on them, or should they be assumed to have been included in your reply, above?

A friend had one--an Xcalibre 600 or something like that. He bought it to pair with his $300+ R9-280 a few years back. I'm not sure what he paid for it but my guess would be around $30-$40. He says it works fine. He stopped using the computer at least two years ago after the GPU developed an annoying flicker. But of course, that could not possibly be related to the power supply... :rolleyes:

The only ones that might be decent would be the Minotaur line, but I've never been able to find a review on them and I have my doubts. Johnnieguru, any opinion on them, or should they be assumed to have been included in your reply, above?

A Xigmatek X-Calibre is not the same as a Xigmatek X Xeries. And they're both horrible PSUs that I wouldn't allow to power any computer hardware in fear that it will destroy it.

Reactions: WalterIC
Oct 17, 2020
A Xigmatek X-Calibre is not the same as a Xigmatek X Xeries. And they're both horrible PSUs that I wouldn't allow to power any computer hardware in fear that it will destroy it.
Whoops, I failed reading comprehension on the title. I saw What do u think about xigmatek psu's are theygood? Somehow the x power part completely escaped me. And I was in no way disagreeing regarding the quality. If it wasn't clear, I was implying that was quite possibly what ruined his graphics card. Still curious if you have any opinion on the Minotaur line, but maybe that is off topic now that I see the title better.

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
in reviews section in your forum it was given 8 out of 10 so.

Not the reviews section of the forum. The forum is the forum. The reviews section is the reviews section.

And not my forum. Not for a long time.

And not my review. Been a long time since I reviewed for that site.

I also think that Oklahoma Wolf (the person that reviewed that PSU) was INCREDIBLY too soft on crappy PSUs. Especially towards the end before he retired. Essentially, if it didn't blow up, 8 out of 10.

Oct 17, 2020
Has this become the "How is my Xigmatek" thread or something???
Sorry. I think that was my fault for misreading the title.

Also, great to know your opinion about Oklahoma Wolf's later reviews. I had noticed the discrepancy between those and some others when I was doing my research, and assumed that his results more or less reflected your opinion, as well. Your comments clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.