Question What do you guys do with your old hardware/mobos/GPUs?

BlueVyper

Honorable
May 13, 2015
So I kinda been hoarding my old stuff for a long time now, back from the 90's and I just don't know what to do with it all. I probably have around 12-15 motherboards, tons of graphic cards. I feel bad getting rid of them, not sure whether to just toss em, look for a recycler or try to find someone who buys this stuff. So what do you guys end up doing with your old hardware?

Barty1884

Titan
There's almost always going to be a buyer for everything - and after a certain point, a recycler would be the way to go.

You could always hold onto stuff in the hope it'll gain 'value' as a collectors piece, but that's a pretty rare occurrence full-stop and, unless you have something that was relatively rare to begin with, (almost, you never know) a complete waste of time.

For me, I sell* my 'old' as soon as I get a 'new' to maximize return, especially if it's still relatively modern. The longer you sit on something, the more it loses value.

*I either sell X component individually, or I build out a system from used parts and sell complete.

Reactions: BlueVyper

BlueVyper

Honorable
May 13, 2015
So I'll probably end up recycling most of it since a lot is very old, I think I'll keep my CPU's however for old times sake since they don't take up much room :tonguewink:

ASK THE COMMUNITY