What do you guys recommend for me to upgrade on my pc to get better game performance?(Specs Below)

Hoffdog

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
So im starting to play more high end games on my pc and ive noticed the fps has been slacking the higher quality i turn up. I want to be able to play newer games on higher quality with 100+ Fps.

Specs
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X4 645
Propus 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 401MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
ASRock N68-VS3 UCC (CPUSocket)
Graphics
DELL U2412M (1920x1200@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EARX-00N0YB0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)

Im not looking for a 700 Dollar upgrade to make my pc the best it can possibly be. Any advice would be great.

Solution
To push 100fps plus at 1080p in the latest games you are looking at a whole new build. I'm UK based but I doubt $700 will achieve what you want. You really want at least a GTX 1070 paired with an i7 or higher end Ryzen.

tajilc

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
you can start by upgrading your Windows to Windows 10, you can even do this for free legally if you look up how to do it. The OS does matter, but not a whole lot.

Your CPU and GPU are obvious upgrades that you need. You will need a GPU with maybe a minimum of 4GB of VRAM and a more powerful CPU.

Here are Tom's Hardware's hierarchu charts for GPUs and CPUs. Your CPU is not on there, this might mean that the list is incomplete or that you might need a more common CPU.

GPU Hierarchy: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

CPU hierarchy: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-hierarchy,4312.html

You can look through to find a GPU and CPU that suits you. I would recommend GPUs on the same level as GTX 1050 ti or higher, and CPUs from around the same rank. These are often minimum requirements, but they will not upgrade your experience a whole lot, You will not be able to play more demanding games on ultra settings, but you will be able to run them more efficiently.