Question What do you guys think about this build?

Feb 25, 2019
Hi, I am planning on upgrading my computer and after a couple of reading and some videos here's the build that I came up with.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - $223.67
FAN: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Turbo - $43.35
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor OC 8gb - $333.29
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB - $70.00
HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 1TB - $68.59
RAM: Trident Z 16gb RGB 3000 - $172.62
MBD: MSI B450M Mortar - $105.00

Total: $1016.52

I had it roughly translated from our currency to USD based on google's conversion. Initially I was planning on getting the 2600x but I would need to have it shipped internationally as it isn't being sold here locally and based on the reviews that I've read they mostly say that if you are not planning on overclocking then better spend the extra cost for a CPU fan. I am also hesistant about the RAM, since without the RGB, specifically RipJaws 16gb 2400 is $50 cheaper than the Trident Z one, though the clockspeed is lower. Not really sure if it is worth spending the $50 for or I could just put it towards somewhere else.

Also if you could possibly suggest a case for it? I was originally aiming for a black and white build, but given the available Motherboards here, I guess I'll have to stick to a white and red theme. With that if you could possibly suggest a white case? or if not a white and red case? or better yet, a motherboard that goes well with black and white.

About monitors, I've read somewhere that if I wanted a higher refresh rate monitor, it would be best if my hardware is capable of say of maintaining atleast 144 fps for games to better utilize a 144hz monitor at 1080p. Otherwise it would be best to either buy a 60hz or 75hz monitor. I'm not really sure about that so if you could enlighten me more.

As for things that I would do. I work from home and I believe that it's not that demanding since with my current computer can handle all of the things that I am doing, a dialer, a pile of excel sheets, then multiple tabs. Apart from that I would like to play games with it as well, if possible GTA V, RE2 Remake, The Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World and some older titles like the FEAR trilogy, Skyrim perhaps. In general, would I be able to play games with it without any hiccups in 1080p?

One last thing, I'm planning to buy the GPU first, and by doing so would it be fine if I would use it with this setup that I have: i3 550, 8gb ram. I just wanted to replace my current GPU asap, it is an HD 5400 1gb ddr3. And buy the other parts for the next couple of months?

So there, thank you for taking the time to read this and apologies if there are any typos or grammatical errors as english is not my first language.

Feb 25, 2019
Noctua NH-U9S See if you can find this in your market , make sure it has the AM4 kit

Unfortunately, it isn't available locally. I've checked with some global partners and newegg to have it shipped internationally, it would cost $184.74 after taxes and shipping not including custom fees. so could roughly be around $200 - $250, is it worth it for that price ? Because honestly I think it is a little expensive. Well being that I would need to have it shipped internationally.

TRENDING THREADS